8# Ceramic Fiber Blanket is composed of long, flexible, interwoven fibers yielding a strong, lightweight, yet durable blanket. Great for lining kiln shelves, building custom kiln insulation layers, and glass slumping in molds. Just what you need to create an amazing outdoor cooking space, service a wood stove, or refurbish a furnace. These density blanket is ideal for insulating applications where there is compression or tension on the material. This density can handle flame contact. This material will withstand up to 2100F continuously and resist melting up to a peak temperature of 2300F (1260C). Ceramic Fiber Blanket is easy to install, requires no curing or dry out time. Rapid heat up can be achieved with all Ceramic Fiber blankets; they will not crack or spall and are thermal shock resistant. This product saves energy. It reduces heat loss and heat storage versus other hard refractory product.
- Continuous use temperature of 2192ºF, max 2400ºF
- No curing or dry out time, lining can be fired to operating temperature immediately
- Excellent high temperature insulator
- Reduces heat loss and heat storage
- Non-reactive with moisture (unlike mineral wool and vermiculite)