- Combines 1lb/sf, 1/8″ thick foil-faced mass loaded vinyl with a 1″ thick Bonded Glass Fiber Blanket Decoupler.
- Use as a ceiling tile noise barrier or anywhere that you would install fiberglass insulation and require sound control
- Significantly higher performance than 1 LB MLV. Excellent thermal and acoustical performance, STC rating of 29, R-Value: 4.1
- Fire Rating: Class 1 or A per ASTM E84, ASTM C1338-00, ASTM CM411-05, ASTM C665, ASTM C795, ASTM 1304 and UL723
- Sold in lots of ten 16″ x 30″ pieces
Foil Scrim Kraft covered Mass Loaded Vinyl Backed with Duct Liner is a multi-purpose composite material featuring a flexible sound barrier laminated to an insulating and acoustical bonded glass fiber blanket, offering both thermal and vibration insulation. This combination forms a thin, lightweight acoustical product that provides a sound barrier and absorber. Sound waves originating from the source will be initially absorbed by the duct liner and then blocked by the mass loaded vinyl. Any reflected sound wave components will be further dissipated into the duct liner absorber. The Foil Scrim Kraft outer layer is a fire rated product and can be used in many applications such as: HVAC: For quieting noisy vents and air ducts. Pipes: To block the noise of rushing water through pipes. Ceilings: Use as additional soundproofing enhancement for new and existing ceilings that use ceiling tiles & grids.
There are no reviews yet.