Ceramic Fiber Blanket is composed of long, flexible, interwoven fibers yielding a strong, lightweight, yet durable blanket. Great for lining kiln shelves, building custom kiln insulation layers and glass slumping in molds. Just what you need to create an amazing outdoor cooking space, service a wood stove, or refurbish a furnace. 8# density blanket is ideal for insulating applications where there is compression or tension on the material. This material will withstand up to 2100ºF continuously and resist melting up to a peak temperature of 2300ºF (1260C). Ceramic Fiber Blanket is easy to install, requires no curing or dry out time. Rapid heat up can be achieved with all Ceramic Fiber blankets; they will not crack or spall and are thermal shock resistant. This product saves energy. It reduces heat loss and heat storage versus other hard refractory products.
- Low thermal conductivity
- Very low heat storage
- Very high tensile strength
- Thermal shock resistance
- Sound absorption
- Quick repairs
- Should lining damage occur, furnace can be cooled quickly
- Contains no binder, no fumes or furnace atmosphere contamination
- Contains no asbestos
- Requires no curing or dry out time, lining can be fired to operating temperature immediately
- The fibers are ”lubricated” for ease of handling and to enhance their use as a high temperature insulator
- High corrosion resistance.
- Often used in Kilns’ insulation and seals
- Heat treating and annealing furnaces
- Pizza ovens
- Furnace door linings and seals
- Tube seals, gaskets and expansion joints
- Boiler insulation
- Insulation of commercial dryers
- Wrapped around Ducts and Pipes
There are no reviews yet.