Fiberglass Backed Mass Loaded Vinyl is a multi-purpose composite material featuring a flexible barrier laminated to an insulating and acoustical quilted fiberglass and finished with protective layer of Foil Scrim Kraft. This combination forms a thin acoustical product that provides superior sound transmission loss. Sound waves originating from the source will be initially absorbed by the fiberglass and then blocked by the mass loaded vinyl. Any reflected sound wave components will be dissipated into the fiberglass absorber. The addition of the foil scrim kraft outer layer provides a vapor-barrier and fire rated product.
Use anywhere that you would install fiberglass insulation and need sound control. This includes:
- HVAC: For quieting noisy vents and air ducts.
- Pipes: To block the noise of rushing water through pipes.
- Ceiling: Tile toppers for a ceiling soundproofing option.
- Combines 1lb/sf, 1/8″ thick foil-faced mass loaded vinyl with a 1″ thick quilted fiberglass decoupler
- Significantly higher performance than 1 LB MLV
- Excellent thermal and acoustical performance, STC rating up to 29
- Fire Rating: Class 1 or A per ASTM E84
Available in these sizes:
- 4.5 Feet x 30 Feet x 1 Inch (135 Square Feet)
- 4.5 Feet x 30 Feet x 2 Inches (135 Square Feet)
- 2 Feet x 2 Feet x 1 Inch (4 Square Feet)
- 2 Feet x 4 Feet x 1 inch (8 Square Feet)
|Acoustic Properties: Noise Transmission Loss (dB) / Frequency (Hz)|
|Thickness||125 Hz||250 Hz||500 Hz||1000 Hz||2000 Hz||4000 Hz||STC|
|1 inch||18 dB||18 dB||23 dB||30 dB||39 dB||46 dB||29 dB|
|2 inches||19 dB||20 dB||23 dB||33 dB||44 dB||53 dB||30 dB|