Fiberglass Backed MLV (Mass Loaded Vinyl) by Soundsulate™ is a multi-purpose composite material featuring a flexible barrier laminated to an insulating and acoustical quilted fiberglass decoupler on one side and a protective layer of Foil Scrim Kraft on the other. The vinyl stops the vibrations while the fiberglass layer provides thermal insulation. This combination forms a thin, lightweight acoustical product that provides superior sound transmission loss.
Sound waves originating from the source will be initially absorbed by the fiberglass and then blocked by the mass loaded vinyl. Any reflected sound wave components will be further dissipated into the fiberglass absorber which ensures maximum dampening. The Foil Scrim Kraft outer layer is also a fire rated product and can be used in many other applications as well. Available in 1 inch and 2 inches thickness.
Use anywhere that you would install fiberglass insulation and need sound control. This includes:
- HVAC: For quieting noisy vents and air ducts.
- Pipes: To block the noise of rushing water through pipes.
- Ceiling: Tile toppers for a ceiling soundproofing option.
- Mass Loaded Vinyl : 1 Pound per Square Feet mass loaded vinyl noise barrier with reinforced-foil facing bonded to a 1 inch (0.2 Pounds per Square foot) or 2 inches (0.4 Pounds per Square Foot) thick non-woven pours scrim faced quilted fiberglass decoupler.
- Fiberglass Quilt: 2.0 Pounds per Cubic Foot density.
- Fire Rating: Class 1 or A per ASTM E84
Available in these sizes:
- 4.5 Feet x 30 Feet x 1 Inch (135 Square Feet)
- 4.5 Feet x 30 Feet x 2 Inches (135 Square Feet)
- 2 Feet x 2 Feet x 1 Inch (4 Square Feet)
- 2 Feet x 4 Feet x 1 inch (8 Square Feet)
|Acoustic Properties: Noise Transmission Loss (dB) / Frequency (Hz)|
|Thickness||125 Hz||250 Hz||500 Hz||1000 Hz||2000 Hz||4000 Hz||STC|
|1 inch||18 dB||18 dB||23 dB||30 dB||39 dB||46 dB||29 dB|
|2 inches||19 dB||20 dB||23 dB||33 dB||44 dB||53 dB||30 dB|