Chicken Wire as the name suggests, is a wire that is commonly used to fence in fowl such as chickens in a coop. Chicken Wire is a great inexpensive substitute for pens although it’s not strong enough to keep the fowl safe from predators. This specific wire is made of 304 Stainless Steel and has about 0.7mm thick wires (22 gauge). For more information on wire gauges, click here
Some of its uses are mentioned below
- Can also be used as fences in gardens
- Used for containment of some domestic animals along with chickens
- Outdoor, industrial environments, marine applications
- Can be used to support insulation and refractory materials on boilers etc
- Can be used as a matrix to hold insulation cements and mastics.